Sports Physiotherapy is aimed at the professional and recreational athlete, which specialises in the diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and prevention of sports injuries.
If you are aiming to improve your speed and agility or, if you've suffered an injury and are looking to get back to full performance, our sports physiotherapist can help you in a number of ways.
If you think that a weakness or imbalance is reducing your performance, or if you have a sports injury we may be able help.
Typical sports injuries we treat are:
- Ligament and joint sprains and strains
- Muscle strains and tears
- Stress fractures
- Pre-operative and post operative rehabilitation such as ACL reconstruction, rotator cuff repair
- Biomechanical running injuries such as plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonopathy
- Spinal injuries
Services that we offer include:
- Video analysis of cyclists & runners
- Full musculoskeletal assessment of cyclists & runners
- Core strengthening classes
- Guidance with training regimes
- Tailored strengthening programs for the gym or at home
- Strapping for support during an event or treatment of injuries