The staff at The Physio Room are available to carry out work place assessments. Being highly qualified physiotherapists they are the ideal people to come into your work place and check that you are set up to be maximizing injury prevention. They can also provide advice on any injuries that anyone is currently suffering with.
The Physotherapist will come to your work place, spend 30-45 minutes with each member of staff where they will spend time talking to them and looking at how they sit, lift & carry out their regular job. They will then make any changes to the desk/ work environment possible and provide advice for further changes, exercises and treatment. This will then be written up in a report & given to each member of staff.
What is included in the assessment:
- Ensure that the ergonomics of the chair, desk and monitor are all correct
- Teach correct positioning of the mouse and keyboard
- Provide advice on posture
- Assess for risk of RSI's and advice for prevention
- Advise on computer accessories to improve posture and reduce strain on the body
- Provide seated exercise programs
- Provide a report summarising the findings & measurements taken
Typical things we can help with:
- Shoulder & neck pain
- Low back pain
- Wrist pain