Clare worked in Scotland as a Physiotherapist, before moving to New Zealand. She graduated from Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, following which she gained experience working in a wide range of settings from acute hospital to musculoskeletal outpatient clinics. Areas she worked in include musculoskeletal outpatients, orthopaedics, neurological and stroke rehabilitation, respiratory, amputee rehabilitation, acute medical and community rehabilitation. This grounding gives Clare an extremely holistic and thorough approach to physiotherapy treatment, ensuring the best quality of care.
Clare moved to New Zealand in 2017, to fulfil her desire for an outdoor lifestyle. Being in Wanaka, Clare can enjoy her passions of mountaineering, climbing, cycling, skiing, triathlons, and all things outdoorsy, whilst continuing to develop her career as a physiotherapist.
Clare’s additional experience and skills include:
- Acupuncture dry needling
- Training in Swedish and remedial sports massage therapy
- Physiotherapy and massage therapy at adventure races and events across Scotland
- Diploma in Orthopaedic Medicine – Peripheral module
- Hydrotherapy experience, with a wide range a patients
- Pitch side physiotherapy and first aid experience with club rugby team
- Clare also has an interest in exercise rehabilitation, she is currently running the popular Core Classes at The Physio Room.