Telehealth appointments are now available
To continue to support our community and team, we will be offering Telehealth treatments:
- Appointments will cost $34 and will run from 30 to 45 minutes.
- The free online software called Zoom will be used for this, as it is more secure than alternatives such as Facetime. You can download Zoom here.
- You will be amazed how much we can help you with over video. As Physio's we don't just use our hands, we also provide a significant amount of advice about how to manage your injury, home exercises and we can carry out a visual assessment in order to give you a diagnosis.
Telehealth Core Classes ..... taking bookings now
- We are starting Online Core Classes the week of 6th April.
- They will be Tuesday 9.30am, Tuesday 5.15pm, Thursday 10.30am & Thursday 5.15pm
- The block will run for 6 weeks and will have a maximum of 8 participants as we will continue to be interactive.
- Participants will be required to have a swiss ball & ideally a theraband loop.
How is The Physio Room doing their part to help prevent the spread of Covid-19?
Slowing the spread of Covid-19 is really important to us for both our local community and globally. Here is what we are doing to try to help slow down the spread of the disease:
- Our Physio's are washing their hands at the beginning & end of each appointment.
- Keeping our clinic clean & tidy has always been a high priority, however before each use we are now wiping down with antibacterial spray the face hole of the treatment table & any other equipment.
- We are aiming to maintain a distance of 1.5m from each patient when possible, eg when taking your history.
- If our Physio's are feeling unwell at any point they will not be attending the clinic.
- After each class, all mats and equipment are wiped down.
- We are currently looking into TeleHealth. Soon we will be offering consultations via video so that you can stay at home. You will be surprised how much we can do even though we cannot physically treat you. This will help to prevent your injury getting worse & speed up the healing process until we can next see you in the clinic.
- We are also aiming to set up the Core Classes via video for anyone not wanting to attend the clinic. This will also be a good option if we have to cancel any classes do let us know if this is of interest to you via email.
What can you do to help?
- Wash your hands in the bathroom as soon as you arrive (minimum 20 seconds with hot water).
- If you need to cough or sneeze while you are in the clinic please do this into a tissue (next to each chair) or into your elbow, followed by washing your hands.
- If you do not have time to wash your hands, we have hand sanitiser in the waiting area & in each room. Please preferably wash your hands as this is in short supply.
- We have temporarily stopped our late cancellation policy, so if you have a sore throat, fever, dry cough, shortness of breath or any other viral symptoms please stay at home. As always we would still appreciate you to notify us as soon as possible so that we can try to fill your appointment.
- We will be taking updated advice from the WHO regularly and we will keep you posted if anything else changes.
- If you require any further information please use the Ministry of Health website.
Thank you all for continuing to support us in this time, we look forward to seeing you at the clinic or via video!